Curepipe Carnegie Library Act
Curepipe Carnegie Library Regulations 1997
[GN 12 of 1998 – 24 January 1998] [Section 5]
1. These regulations may be cited as the Curepipe Carnegie Library Regulations 1997.
2. In these regulations –
"Act" means the Curepipe Carnegie Library Act;
"principal regulations" means Curepipe Carnegie Library Regulations.
3. The Senior Librarian shall –
(a) have the superintendence of the Library;
(b) be responsible for the safe keeping of books, periodicals and other property apertaining thereto; and
(c) keep such registers and books as the Municipal Council may direct.
4. (1) The Library shall be open from 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on weekdays and from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Saturdays.
(2) The Municipal Council shall reserve its rights of altering the hours of opening and closing where the need for such a change occurs.
5. No person shall have access to the Library unless decently dressed and sober.
6. No person shall whilst in the Library, spit, smoke or speak in a loud voice, sing, whistle or make or caused to be made any sort of noise whatever, or use improper language or do any act which disturbs or which is likely to disturb the quietness within the Library premises.
7. No per
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.